PostModernism Museum Association (PMMA) based in Bucharest, Romania, produces and promotes contemporary culture projects and develops cultural and visual arts research programmes.
It is a provider of consultancy services in cultural management.
- culture as source of knowledge, meanings, values and identity
- the role of culture for sustainable development
- artistic creativity in all its forms, while respecting freedom of expression
- sustainable financial, institutional, social results
- multiplier effect, inspiring the implementation of other measures, activities and projects
- the backing up of national mechanisms, structures and facilities whose purpose is to support cultural activities and artistic creators
- international and regional cultural cooperation; the organization of exchanges to foster international cooperation
(after UNESCO guidelines)
Professional principles under which the Association works are transparency, accountability, confidentiality and long-term partnership.
The Association, as a producer and promoter of contemporary culture, creates programmes and projects of art history, anthropolgy, art and culture and travels them through and to different institutional partners.
It also leads the development of the art & innovation centre PostModernism Museum, a private independent museum. PostModernism Museum is member of the first Association of Private Museums in the World and the only entity in Central and Eastern Europe. Please see details here.
The Association, as a provider of consultancy services in cultural management, has prepared and delivered the first Cultural and Creative Strategy of Bucharest (2015-2025), a project initiated by Arcub – the Bucharest Centre for Cultural Projects in 2014. Please see details here.